BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday!

I love, love, love Sundays!

I haven't always felt so warm and fuzzy for this particular day of the week, due in part to the stress that seemed to always surround me. I remember growing up, as Sunday being a day of stress, and I carried that into my years as a young wife and mother. For a long time, it was all about getting all of the children dressed into their fanciest attire, getting my hair just right, making sure I had all of our best ducks in a row...and by the time we got in the car, I was a basket case, and our best ducks were not looking so great!

I remember hearing that Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest, and that would cause me to do either one of two things...laugh hysterically at the irony of it all, or weep to think I must be doing something wrong.
But due to growing, independent children, and a change of thinking on what this day of worship and rest was intended to be...Sunday is now my favorite day of the week, and today was no exception!

I look forward all week to gathering in worship with friends, and hearing from God. He uses Pastor Darrell to teach His truths to my heart, weekly! In combined effort we lift our voices to bring glory to the One who deserves our praise, and with faith, we encourage each other to keep our hearts and eyes focused on Jesus!

God has blessed Duane, myself and our children with a wonderful church to attend, and while we are thrilled at how He is working all around us...we know that He is alive and working in churches all over our community and the world!
We are seeing lost people find a new life in Christ! The hopeless are alive with expectation and the redeemed are finding deeper faith in Him! That is exciting!!!

I went into this day needing to be reminded that God is faithful and alive in my world! I am ending this day with a heart full of praise at what He is going to do!!

0 comments: