BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Passing On My Love For Scrabble!

I LOVE Scrabble!! Playing Scrabble with friends or family is one of my favorite past-times in life...seriously! The one person that understands this the most, is my man! For 18 years, we have played many games together. The game even got me through 12 weeks of bedrest in '96, when I was trying to keep Alex from arriving too early!
I think I got my love for word games, like Scrabble and Boggle from my Grandpa Aman. He was the best in the west!! He wasn't all that much fun to play with when I was a little girl, because, well, he used foreign languages, and I didn't know any.

Today, Nikki and I have been in bed very sick in bed. As the day has gone on, we are starting to feel much better, and then Nikki asked me this: "Mommy, can you play Scrabble with me?"
I asked her if she knew how, and she said, "well, kinda, but you could teach me."

So we got the board out and played our very first Scrabble game together!!! I hope it is the first of many. We didn't keep score, so that it was a level playing field, and she did very well!! Her biggest word was CHARM...I thought it was a good one!

0 comments: