BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

God With Us

This morning, just moments ago, I drove my children to school. As usual, as they get out of the car, I pray that God will spend the day with them. I am also quick to pray that they will spend the day with God!

As Ashley got out of the van, I heard a song come on the radio, that I really like, so I cranked it up. Mercy Me was beginning to sing, "God With Us" and my heart began to praise! (We are studying in our Bible Study about the angel announcing to Joseph, that the baby inside of Mary, was to be called, "Immanu'el". Immanu'el literally means, "The With of God") I was glad that it was dark, because the tears started falling and I just could not resist praising out loud! Had the sun been out, I would have been quite a scene!

Some of the words to the song are...

"Who are we, that You would be mindful of us..."

"We are free in ways that we never should be..."

"Like hinges straining from the weight, my heart no longer can keep from singing..."

"My heart sings a brand new song, my debt is paid, these chains are gone...."

"Such a tiny offering, compared to Calvary, but nevertheless, we lay it at Your feet..."

How tremendous and astounding, that THE GOD of ALL would come as a baby named Immanu'el, so that He could be with us!

He is with us, when we mess things up. He is with us, when our hearts are heavy. He is with us, when we lose people that we love. He is with us, when money is not. He is with us when no one else seems to be....after all, He is the With of God!

My heart is singing a brand new song this morning!



1 comments:

Shopgirl said...

Sheila, it was a very special gift when I heard you call my name and there you were. I will always remember our special time together
when I was the cleaning lady.
I am so happy to see your family, they are beautiful and so are you.
When you go on my blog, you will see that I just ended a chapter Book/Journal.
Scroll down to page one if you would like to read it.
Big Hugs, Mary Evans