BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Recipes!

For a lack of anything more exciting,..I bring you the pictorial of my recipe organization!
This morning, I decided that today was the day for sorting and organizing my recipes. I am a recipe fanatic! I also love to try new ones. It has been probably 7-8 years since I have sorted and organized (isn't that horrible). It takes me like 10 min. or more to locate a recipe, and sometimes, I never do find it.
In keeping with my determination to simplify, I tackled the job!

Sorting....

and sorting......

my Cookbook and Recipe Cupboard

I have a pile of old Taste of Home magazines that I needed to go through, and I did. I cut out all the ones I wanted and threw the magazines away.

The clean Cookbook and Recipe Cupboard

My neatly sorted recipe box

All I am left with, is a big stack of full-page recipes, that I am going to put in a binder...that will have to happen another day.

Now, anyone can call me looking for a recipe, and I will know right where to find it! Yippee!

4 comments:

jenny said...

Whew! What a job...well done, Sheila!

Now you can post some more... :-)

I LOVE your "morning glory muffins." Only trouble is, I can't quit eating them when we make them.

Anonymous said...

Great Job Lady! I am impressed. Would you like to do mine next? :o) Your red Better Crocker Cookbook--I have that one too. It was my first ever and that's how I learned to cook since my mother never let me do anything but boil eggs. I love that cookbook. I'm looking at my shelf of cookbooks mixed in with cut-out and photo copied recipes and thinking I should tackle it...nah, think we'll go to the zoo today! Have a blessed day and I pray the sun shines there again real soon. Hugs!

Amanda said...

Very impressed!

Jamie said...

That is so great Sheila! I'm so impressed and a little bit jealous! ;)

Love you! See you in 2 1/2 weeks!