BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My House.....By Ashley

Ashley walked into the kitchen the other day, and said, "Mom, have you ever thought about how our house is like a place where other people come when they are having a hard time and need a place to be ok?"

I told her I had always dreamed that my house would be a place where people could feel loved and safe!

She walked away and within 15 minutes brought me this poem that she had written.

My House
By: Ashley Taylor

My house is a place,
where friends and family are always welcome,
and where they can go when they don't feel safe.

My house is a fun place,
where cousins, friends and me,
dance and talk and swim all day!

My house is a big place,
where family joins
and memories are made.

My house is a refuge,
from my family and friends storms,
and they will always have a place to call home when their's
has blown away.

My house is a hotel,
where people come to stay,
and they live in my room, but don't have to pay.

My house is a daycare,
where kids come to play and laugh until
the end of the day!

My house is a memory lane,
although we haven't been here for a long time,
It's a safe, big, fun place where I want to stay.

God is in my house, watching over us-
and though we go through a lot, He will care and protect us
until the end of our days!


The End.

That made this momma very happy!


4 comments:

Trisha said...

That is very sweet! I know you are proud that she has such insight. Not all young people have that, as I'm sure you know. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Trisha

Sister Sue said...

Ashley, you have a very blessed gift and I know God will use it in you. Your house is a wonderful, safe place and yes, we all can feel it. You are a priviledged girl to have a family like you do. And Grandma Sue loves you very much!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful poem, Ashley!! Thank you for sharing it with us. I love you bunches and am so proud of you!! ~Grandma T

jenny said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sheila & Ashley!