BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

The End of an Era!

Duane and I have officially made the decision to no longer home-educate our children! After 7 years of teaching my kids at home, this is going to be very new and different for me!

I want to say at this time, that we are still very supportive of home-education, and have seen it done right and well, over and over again. For all of my friends that are teaching from home, you still have my 100% support and prayers!

This is a personal decision for our children, that we have felt God leading us to make! We have spent many hours praying and seeking, and we are at total peace!
If you would be so kind as to keep our family in your prayers as we all adjust to this, that would mean the world to us! If you find yourself feeling opinionated or frustrated with us for making this choice, please focus on praying for us to do God's will for our family, as you do the same for your's!

God has been good to us, and has provided strength and help for every step of the way! We can't begin to think that He won't walk right beside our children, as they go "off" to school! While they will be receiving their education in a school, we will not cease to home-educate them in God's ways!

The children are excited, and we are still in the process of getting them all signed up! Summer is speeding by, and this momma has so much to accomplish in the next few weeks! I could really use your prayers!

Blessings!
Sheila

P.S. I have a TON of school stuff to sell, and will start posting pictures tomorrow of what I have!!

2 comments:

Cher said...

Sheila,
Aaron and I are 100% behind you and Duane! I am so happy to see how God is leading and directing your lives! God will be faithful to be there with each one of your children at school and you at home(or where ever you want to be.) :-) I will be praying for you and the kids in this transition.
I love you!
Cher

Cara said...

Sheila,

I totally understand your decision! I have kids in a traditional school setting and am homeschooling one too. There have been many times this summer that I have considered putting Cam back in Covenant. But we are going to try it another year. I'm not sure if you have gotten negative reactions, (I'm reading between the lines) but please stand strong in the belief that you are the one who knows best for your family. There are many different ways to do school--There is no one right way to do school. (I'm sure many would disagree with me here, but everyone has to find what is the best fit for their family) Where are they going to attend school? I hope that it goes well for you--you will have a lot more free time that is for sure!

Cara