BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Choosing Hope!

I have a heart full of praise this morning...and I must share it!

I have been fighting despair....again! It comes on my so quickly, and then takes days, weeks, months...to leave. My humanness drains my joy!
I have many things that I am praying about! Some are huge, some are smaller, but they are all very important to me!
It seems that for awhile now, I have been looking at the big picture...which is dangerous! I am a girl that does better taking life one day at a time. So, for me to look five years down the road, and to start fretting about what I have to face, or who will be our President, or how much gas will cost....oh my!

So, this last Monday, while laying in bed, sick, I was reading Jeremiah 29:11. That verse is such a reminder that God has my life in his plan...which brings me hope!
I decided to read the entire chapter. I have not ever paid close attention to the other verses in Jeremiah 29. When I got to verses 13 -14, I was speechless!

On Tuesday night, in our small group, we watched "Luggage" (Nooma DVD's/Robb Bell), and I was reminded that God wants desperately to walk with me. He wants to take what I am dragging around and set me free! He wants to take my despair and transform it into hope!

So, I choose hope!

Jeremiah 29:11-14
"...I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."

P.S. For those of you who have not seen "Luggage". I HIGHLY recommend that you do! You can get them at a Christian bookstore. It is #7 in the Nooma DVD series. Every one of the DVDs is really good, but Luggage is the best so far....at least we think so!

0 comments: