BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Here, There, and Everywhere!

This has been a busy weekend for our family. It wasn't anything too unusual for us, just life!
Duane was up early Saturday morning for a Men's Breakfast at church that he makes a monthly priority.
Mid-morning, he took the kids to the new property to work while I stayed home and cleaned house. Since the introduction to our family chore program, the children have been helping me with house work during the week, but at least once a week, it needs Mom's touch, if you know what I mean.

We attended a wedding for Duane's cousin, Sara Black, who is now married to Blake Carrow. It was a beautiful wedding! Best Wishes to them for a long, wonderful life!

We ended the night, going out to dinner with special friends, Marvin and Jolene Johnston for Jolene's birthday! It is always fun to be with them, and as long as Marvin has coffee in his cup, the funny stories and wisdom are bountiful!
We love and deeply appreciate the Johnston's, and the fact that they will hang out with us "youngsters", invest themselves in our lives, and show unconditional support. It means more then they will ever know!
Jolene has become on of my dearest friends! She is old enough (although she is not old!!) to be my mother, but she is such an encouragement to me! She is one of the most tender, compassionate, merciful people I know! She is an shining example of a grace-filled woman, wife, and mother to me, and I look to her example often!
Happy Birthday, Jolene!!!

We had to be up with the roosters this morning, to get to church early.
Nikki and Alex had a program at church, and they had to preform in both services.
In Anchor Bay, using the Veggie Tale's movie, "The Pirate's Who Don't Do Anything", they have been learning that even at their ages, they can still be hero's and make a difference in their world. They are learning about making good choices, and doing the right thing no matter what!
Duane and I watched the kids on stage twice, enjoyed fellowship with friends, and several cups of coffee in between services.Nikki, and Alex (can you see the bald head in the back...that really is Alex!) From where we were, that is the best I could do.

We enjoyed lunch with our friends, Robb and Julie French (and family), and then all five of us, Taylor's, took a long, long Sunday afternoon nap!

We spent this evening at Marc and Talisha's with Duane's family, and Talisha's parents, the Addison's. It is always good to have them in Idaho, and are grateful that we can be with them! They are awesome people!

For once in a very long time, I feel rested, and ready to conquer the week ahead.
To all of my blog readers, I pray that you feel God at work in your life this week. He loves you!

Choosing Hope!
Sheila

1 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

That is it . . . COFFEE! The downfall of all times!

I am so glad you had such a great weekend. That makes for a great start for a great week.

I love you!