BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day: Taylor Family Style

For five years now, Duane and I have celebrated Valentine's Day with the children. We do our best to make it a special day for them, showing them that they are deeply loved!
Then on the weekend, Duane takes me out for a intimate dinner for two. See, that way we don't have to fight for a table in crowded restaurants on Valentine's Day!

So, tradition has it that Mom makes a very special dinner: Shrimp Linguine Alfredo, Parmesan & Basil Breadsticks, Salad (it has to have black olives in it) and Sparkling Grape Apple Juice.
We have to eat on the fancy china, and drink from "easily breakable" goblets.




Last night was no exception, and it was so wonderful to sit around our table and share the love! Alex declared Valentine's Day, as "the best day of the whole year"! Of course I know that any day, that involves food and gifts, is his favorite day!

After we were stuffed to the gills, Duane announced that he was going to do all of the dishes. But the catch was, I had to go take a bath and relax! Well, I was not real sure that is what I wanted to do, but after Duane reminded me that I like to complain because I never get time for a bath...I followed orders. I have to say that it was heavenly, and I think that is going to have to become a tradition for this "day of love" as well!
"...these three remain: faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is love!"

1 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH that food is making me hungry. That is so sweet. Your family is awesome!