BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Two Special Friends with birthdays!

Twelve years ago, at Summer Camp in McCall, Roger Kellogg, showed me a picture of the girl that he was in love with. He had met her on a TLC missions trip to Guatemala; her name was Damaris Solis. I looked at the picture, and told Roger that she was one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen (of course he agreed!).

Exactly one year after he showed me the picture, Roger married that beautiful girl!
Roger and Duane are cousins. But Roger, Duane and I were school friends, having graduated together. Roger spent a lot of time hanging out with us, so it was a joy to have Damaris join the party!

I loved that girl from the beginning! Damaris became an instant friend, and we have only grown into better friends, as the years go by. We are such great friends, that she doesn't get offended, if I don't understand what she is saying.
See, Damaris, had to learn English, when she moved to America. And while she did it amazingly fast...to this day, when she says "Guatemala" (Wa-te-mala), I think she is saying "Watermelon". So, you can understand my confusion, because for years, I thought Damaris had been raised in a watermelon!!! (ha ha :) Thank you Damaris for being patient with me!

Damaris is mommy to two equally gorgeous, little girls, Heather and Kristin...and a very good mommy at that! She has made Roger, an even better man! Together, they are an amazing couple, with a heart for others and a passion for God!
Her birthday was a couple of weeks ago...but Happy Birthday again, Damaris! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend!

Now, its Paula's turn.....where do I begin?!!!

(Sue, Paula & Anita)

I have "known" Paula my entire life. She was raised in Kuna, around my mother's family. So, all my life, I heard stories about them, and remember seeing her at camp. This is as truthful as it gets.....as a child, I remember seeing her and thinking that she was one of THE most beautiful girls EVER!
Guess what...she was then, and still is now!
About six years ago, Paula started attending the same church we did. We obviously had a connection, since she knew my family very well. As time went on, Paula became a close friend!
Today, I consider her as one of my closest friends. She calls and begs for my kids to come over (I used "begged" loosely). And when Rose and I need coffee at 9:00 at night, Paula is always up to joining us!
Paula is my most "fun" friend! She loves to be goofy; laughs contagiously, and is never "too good" to play a joke on someone! At the same time, she is a friend that I can be real with, and she loves me nonetheless!
Paula is an amazing mom to Jessica & Austin, and an even more amazing wife to Jake (Paula, make sure Jake knows I said this! :)
Happy Birthday, Paula! Thank you for brightening my world!

2 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

OHHHHH Happy Birthday to my friends!!!!

Love you both,

Sheila, great blog!

Anonymous said...

I agree! Two very sweet women!! Happy Birthday!

Talisha