BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 1, 2008

A Lesson learned from a Country Song!

I confess that this morning, I woke up in somewhat of a bad mood! I don't really know why, I just woke up and felt like there was a storm cloud over my head! As I posted earlier this week, I struggle this time of year with cabin fever/winter blahs, so I chalked my mood up this morning to that. I prayed as I crawled out of bed, that God would give me the strength to get through my day.
I schooled the children, did some laundry, washed dishes...you know--the normal, everyday stuff!
Then I remembered that I needed to go to the bank today to make a deposit, so I put my shoes on, and left to run my errands. As I got in the car, I was still feeling blah, and started feeling sorry for myself. I had a good conversation/pity party going on in my head.
You see, I know that I have so much to be grateful for, and I have a good life! But, I am at a stage in my life where getting a break and time alone, is so challenging! I feel like an over-pecked momma hen!

So, I am driving down the road today, thinking, "poor me, I am so tired, and I very seldom get away from my three children, and I have so many demands on me"...on and on it went!
That is when it happened...I heard a song come on the radio that I hadn't heard before, so I turned it up, so I could hear the words.
It was a country song by Trace Adkins called, "You're Gonna Miss This". I listened carefully and then realized that I was crying. I honestly had to pull over to the side of the road, behind Nampa High School, and search for a tissue!
The song ended, and I heard God say, "Sheila, you don't know it now, but these are some of the best days of your life, and I already know that you are going to look back on these days, and miss every moment!"
I apologized to Him for being ungrateful, and thanked Him that I am right where I am at today...an over-pecked momma hen to three beautiful chicks!
Yes, I do believe that God spoke to me through this Country Song!

You're Gonna Miss This!
By: Trace Adkins

She was staring out the window of that SUV
Complaining, saying "I can't wait to turn 18"
She said "I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules"
Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the school
Then she kissed her head and said "I was just like you"

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Before she knows it she's a brand new bride
In a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops by
He tells her "It's a nice place"
She says "It'll do for now"
Starts talking about babies and buying a house
Daddy shakes his head and says "Baby, just slow down"

Cause you're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'
One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'
She keeps apologizin'
He says "They don't bother me.
I've got 2 babies of my own.
One's 36, one's 23.
Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this"

2 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

WOW, isn't it amazing how God speaks throught things that we use to hear were wrong? God has talked to me through alot of Country songs. Some, when I tell the kids, they are like "whatever", cause He uses that for ME. I am so thrilled that it happens to others, cause girl, it makes me feel so good.

I love you! and these are the best days of your life

Jamie said...

I have tears in my eyes... :) I really needed this today, Sheila. Thank you so much for posting it.

Love you,
Jamie