BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Head-colds, Basketball, and Church...what a weekend!

Yes, what a weekend!

Alex's basketball game was to start at 8 am, Saturday morning. We got into bed around midnight, Friday night. We set our alarms, and fell to sleep! I told Duane as I closed my eyes, that I thought I could feel a head-cold coming on.......uggg!
I woke up at 2 am, sicker than a dog! I won't go into detail...you don't need that!
The bad news is, I didn't get to go to Alex's game.
The good news is, THEY WON!!
I wasn't there, but I have been told, that Grandma Sue cheered enough for 5 people combined! Thank you, Mom, for getting up so early and driving to Alex's game. Also, thank you to Grandpa Bob and Grandma Margaret. Alex loves it that all of you are there!

I woke up feeling pretty rotten on Sunday too! But, this Sunday was special, so I pulled and prodded myself out of bed, and got there with bells on!
Duane and I joined the membership of Boise First Nazarene Church yesterday! We are now officially considered Nazarene's!!
We love our church, and we are ready to give our full support & commitment to the ministry to Boise First, so it was easy to know that it was time!
By the time we got out of church, I was feeling so good! It must have had something to do with the sunshine!
I still have the residual effects of a cold, but I am much better today! Nikki and Ashley are feeling pretty rough this morning, so Ashley is in bed, and Nikki is quietly doing her papers for school. Alyssa is home sick today too!
Spring...please come!!!

1 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

I have been to ballgames with your mom, she definately cheers enough, which is great. Everyone needs someone to cheer them on. (I do love you Sue).
Welcome to the Nazarene family. We haven't joined yet, but I am very happy to be Nazarene!

Get better!