BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Our week






On Monday, Labor Day, we celebrated Ashley's birthday. We spent part of the day with Duane's family, and then we took Ashley for a evening out on the town with aunts, uncles and cousins. We ended the night at Applebee's.

On Tuesday we started school. Alyssa is joining us this year, and she and Nikki are doing first grade together. We are waiting for our books to all arrive, so we have been doing review work.

Last night we had a big thunderstorm go through the valley, and then it rained. After awhile, Ashley ran in and said that the sunset was amazing, so she took the camera out and captured the moment for us.

It is only Wednesday, but already this week, God has been with our family and given us much to be grateful for.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Hi Sheila,

Can't believe that Ashley is 14--I remember her baby years! She looks like she is turning into a lovely young lady. Are you homeschooling her and Alex too? You are brave--taking on someone other than your own child. What curriculum are you using? So far we are doing pretty good--today was slightly taxing...Anyway...it is so fun to see all your pictures. And tell Shauna to start a blog. She commented on my blog but I couldn't get on a blog page for her.

Amy Ellen said...

Sounds like you had a good day on Monday!! I love the pictures, the baby is way too cute with those sweet round cheeks. I miss having a baby around, sigh....... Thanks for sharing. Good luck with school we have just started this week ourselves. 4 kids aged 15 to 5. Plus of course the 4 year old to occupy and a 9 yr old who attends public school. Makes me tired jst thinking about it.

Anyway hope you year is awesome.
Amy

jenny said...

I was struck by how much Ashley resembled you in the top picture. I echo Cara, I can't believe she's so grown up. She is beautiful--and tell he I said so (not that she will know me but she needs to hear the compliments at this age especially)!

Your homeschool room looks so cute!

Yes, do tell Shauna to start a blog!!!