BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 7, 2007

Alexander Robert Taylor...is 11!






Well, here I go again with a birthday. Only this time it is Alex's turn.

This Sunday, September 9th, Alex is going to be 11 years old!

He was born on 9-9-96.

Alex tried to be born in May, again in June, July, August. But we put him off until September.
I spent the months between May-September on strict bedrest, living with my parents in Murphy. Ashley was out there with me, and Duane would come out on the weekends to be with us.
It was not a fun time! I was on heavy doses of medication to keep the contractions at bay, so my nerves and emotions were shot!
My Doctor kept telling me that we had to get the baby to 36 weeks. The eve of my 36th week, I went into hard labor, landing me in the hospital. The next day, Dr. Hutchings came in and said that I could go off all the meds, and have a baby. Guess what happened...the contractions came to a dead standstill. I was so tired and frustrated!
I got up out of bed (I had been in bed for 12 weeks), and started to walk the halls. That worked and at 6:oo pm, I went into labor for real.
Alex made his arrival at 8:10 pm, into the arms of very relieved parents! I still remember holding him all night, not wanting to let go, so grateful that he was alive and healthy!

Alex has brought us more joy that words can express! At a very young age, he gave his heart to Jesus, and that made his daddy and mommy very happy!
He loves to play ball, hunt, ride bikes, swim, camp, shoot his gun, blow things up(within the bounds of the law), chase his sisters with bugs...regular ol' boy things!
He has an imagination that will not quit, dreaming up big ideas and inventions. When asked what he wants to be when he grows up, we have heard many things. It usually depends on what is going on in his life at the time. When he is in the kitchen helping me fix dinner, he tells me how he is going to own a restaurant someday. He even told me that on Tuesdays, he is going to serve free ice cream to just his family!
He drives his sisters to insanity, but he loves them devoutly. Recently, Nikki hurt herself pretty bad, and Alex sat on the sofa and held her, assuring her that he was sorry and that he loved her.
Words that describe Alex:
kind, tender, happy, goofy, funny, creative, artistic, helpful, loving, compassionate, adventurous, spontaneous...
Happy Birthday Bud! Have fun being 11!

4 comments:

Cara said...

Happy Birthday to Alex from WV! I think we came to ID in Nov. after he was born so we got to see him when he was a tiny baby. I had forgotten about your pre-labor ordeal! Miserable! But thankfully that is all behind you!!!! I love reading your blog and seeing how devouted you are to caring for your kids and fam!

Cher said...

I am having a hard time figuring out who those young parents are. Duane looks so young. I am sure that if you went back and looked at pictures of me at that time I would look old myself. Happy B-Day Zander. You put a smile on your Uncle Aaron's face. You can hang out with me any time or should I ask if I can hang out with you? Aunt Cher and I love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alex! Hope you have a fun day. I was hoping we could have your new cousin on your birthday! There's still about 11 hours left...maybe!!! :) Megan can say your name really well now. I like to show her your picture so she'll say it. Have a great day.
Love,
Uncle Brian, Aunt Jamie, & Megan

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Well Happy Birthday Alex. Another one down and MANY to go big boy. WOW, 11, that is so hard to believe. I am so proud of you and your desire to be a Godly man. I love you and so does Uncle Dennis and the family. Does the free Tuesday ice cream include this ole Aunt??