BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 3, 2007

Ashley Dyan Taylor...Happy 14th!!!!






Today, our oldest child & daughter, Ashley Dyan, is celebrating her 14th Birthday!

She was born on 9-3-93.

Duane and I are finding it hard to believe that it was 14 years ago, that we welcomed our first baby into the world.
She was the first grandchild born to her paternal and maternal grandparents, and she made Aaron, Terry, Marc & Brian first-time uncles. The church we were attending, had not seen a baby born into it's congregation in close to 6 years. Needless, to say, she was the star of the show! She made her entry into this world, with a host of family hanging out in the halls of the hospital, waiting to hear her first cries. Her four new teenage uncles, were keeping everyone entertained with their predictions about what she would be like and who she would look like. I will say that money was even exchanged in the process.

At 1:36 am, she made her debut. I can still remember the feelings and emotions that came over me, as I gazed on her for the first time, memorizing everything about her. I kept having to remind myself that she belonged to Duane and I.
She brought us instant joy, and 14 years later, is still bringing joy into our lives!

She is the oldest of our children, and making the job of raising a teenager not seem as frightening as I had originally expected. She is a great older sister!

She loves Jesus, and so beautifully loves others too! She is caring, considerate, compassionate, giving, helpful, creative, responsible, studious, thoughtful, loving, fun....I could go on all day!

She is artistic, and has shown such amazing talent in art. She collects Breyer horses, and "will someday own a horse ranch in Kentucky". She plays violin, but is taking a break from it for a year, to take piano. She reads anything she can get her hands on, and skillfully writes amazing essays!

She is beginning to have strong desires to drive (don't tell, but she already has a couple of times!), and she has informed me that she wants to work in a coffee shop as a barista next summer.

We love you, Ash! Dad and I are so proud of the beautiful girl that you are!
Happy 14th birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila! Just wanted to wish Ashley a Happy Birthday! I can't believe that she is 14!! Love to you all!

Cher said...

Aunt Cher and I would like to wish Ashley a Happy Birthday also. I can still remember her first cry. It is hard for me to believe that she is already 14. Aaron

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Happy late Birthday Ashley!! I remember the day she was born so well. That is the day that Dennis finally listened to God! hehe, I guess that is how you could put it. Anyway, Ashely is such a lovely young lady!