BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Priceless!!

This morning, Duane was here in the kitchen doing some computer work; I was making eggs and toast and Nikki was sitting at the table eating.

Nikki is such a Little Miss Chatty-Kathy in the morning...actually, she is chatty all the time! She started telling Duane and I about how at Grandma Sue's house, her cousin Alyssa, asked her what she was giving up for Lent.
These are her exact words..."Alyssa asked me what I was giving up for 40 days, you know, for Lent. Well I told Alyssa, that there were two things I was NOT going to give up for Lent! I was not going to give up my mommy and daddy! No way, Jose....it ain't gonna happen!!!"

Duane and I are so relieved we will not be given up by our children, for Lent!!! Priceless!!

2 comments:

Dámaris said...

Out of the mouths of babes! So cute.

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Boy I am also glad. That would be hard. I just hope she didn't also give up her Aunt Lisa. NO WAY Jose!! Ain't gonna happen. Brandon wanted to give up school!