BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Learning to Hush


Life has a way of teaching me lessons. God has a way of teaching me lessons. I recently was with an individual that felt it their place to put everyone else in theirs. This person shared their opinion on everything, and found fault left and right. I came away from that conversation down right angry! I was complaining to interior of my car about how annoying and frustrating it was! Then a quiet Voice said to me, that I too, am so guilty of speaking my mind when I really need to hush! Upon further reflection, this is what God's word has to say....(to me)


He who has understanding spares his words,
     And a man of understanding is of a calm spirit.

Proverbs 17:27
He who guards his mouth preserves his life,
But he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.

Proverbs 13:3

A fool vents all his feelings,
But a wise man holds them back.

Proverbs 29:11


I read these verses and felt like I needed to go have a zipper
installed on my mouth!
I then thanked God for making me aware of this in my own life!
Oh how I wish it were possible to go
around and pick up again, words that have wounded...but now,
they are feathers
on the wind.

There is something so liberating and peaceful about not having
to share what I think or know about
everything!
If I have ever hurt you with my words, forgive me, and then
please pray that God will continue to teach me
how to hush!

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in
quietness and
trust
is your strength...Isaiah 30:15a





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheila~Thanks for sharing this.I too have had this experience... Good instructions from God's Word! I was just stopping by to read about what Nikki was giving up for lent....good stuff!