BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Recipe.....


This is a new recipe that I tried today. I made this for an easy dinner and served it with fruit.

Hashbrown Casserole
6 cups frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes
1 lb. bulk sausage, cooked and drained
1/2 lb. sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 small can of green chili peppers
2 cups (8oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup biscuit/baking mix
1/2 tsp. salt
4 eggs
3 cups milk

In a large bown, combine the hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, chili peppers, 1 cup cheese and onion (I sautéed my onions first). Transfer to a 13x9" baking dish.
In another bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, salt, eggs and milk; pour over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 min. before baking. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 30-35 min. or until golden brown on top. Let stand for 10 min. before cutting.
Yield: 12 servings

I have another recipe similar to this, but not as yummy. I made it for dinner, but think it would be such a great casserole for a special breakfast or brunch. Enjoy!

Recipe from Country Magazine Dec/Jan 2009

1 comments:

Trisha said...

THanks for the recipe. Think I'll try it. Happy New Year!