BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Simplify!

You may notice that I have posted a picture in the title of my blog with the word, Simplify!
I did that very intentionally.
I am probably not a lot different from most people, who constantly find ourselves striving for life to slow down, and at the very same time, we are seeking for more! More money, more happiness, more clothes, more shoes, more fun......more! Then we find ourselves wondering why we are bogged down with "more" than we know what to do with. I start to feel like everything around me gets cluttered with the "more"!

I have a burning passion in my heart to simplify! I get this way at the beginning of every year...and I will say that this last year, I did some major remodeling on my life and heart, but God is not finished with me. He wants to take out the "more" that I have stuffed into my life, and bring in the things that really matter.

I am not quite ready to move into a remote mountain cabin with just the bare necessities...but I am ready to get rid of what inhibits me from concentrating on what is really important. I want to have the space in my heart for God to work His plans out in me.

One of the biggest parts of simplifying, is learning to have a heart of contentedness or peace. Help me Father!

So all of this being said, I have set a personal goal for the year 2009....I want to concentrate on filling my life with His Word, His Heart and His Plans...only bringing in that which will be a positive addition to my life, in light of God's plan for me. Will I do it perfectly?.....are you kidding! (This is Sheila, and she messes things up...really bad.)
But I will try, I will get up when I fall down, and the Lover of my soul will not leave me to do it by myself!

May God's blessings be your's in 2009!


3 comments:

Bianca said...

I have been "simplifying" lately too. Thank you for sharing and encouraging me to keep going!

Jamie said...

Great post Sheila! I agree wholeheartedly!!!

Cara said...

Great post Sheila. I love the New Year--fresh start, new page! There are a lot of things I want to "simplify" as well. Thanks for the encouraging words.