BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

School Lunches!!


For the first time in a long time, this momma is soon going to be back to packing lunches everyday!!
I remember that this was one of my least favorite things about school!!

So, since I have a blog, and can write or say anything I care to, I thought I would use it this week as a place for all of my blog readers to share their ideas and thoughts on school lunches! I need your help!!

Here are a few things I want to know......

1. What is your idea of the yummiest lunch?
2. What do you do to save money on school lunches?
3. What do you pack other than a sandwhich?
4. Does soup really stay warm in those little thermoses?
5. Do you give your kids choices or do they pack their own lunches?
6. Anything else I need to know?

You don't have to answer all of the questions....just help me!! Please!!!

4 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

I hated school lunches too. I hated taking a lunch. I let the kids choose. Brandon likes the school lunches, Notus has a great lunch program. Somedays he wants a sandwich and that works. The girls didn't like sandwiches so it was hard. Also at Notus they will heat the kids cold lunches up, so left overs work, some schools have microwaves available for them. I don't know, it was hard for me. I hope you get lots of ideas.

Anonymous said...

Somedays Trey likes to buy hot lunch and it is only about $1.25. So we decide which days to buy and then the others we pack. I heat things extra hot and use a thermos (one of those silver ones that is a little more expensive but it stays warm better than the kind that come with a lunchbox). For schools that allow kids to use a microwave, hot pockets are a big hit. Somedays he just likes peanut butter and jelly. Good luck with the variety thing!!!!

Cara said...

When things are running as they should I like my kids to pack their own lunches. But...I usually end up doing it.

Our main selections include: fruit , veggies, a sandwich or yogurt, string cheese, mandarin oranges,nuts or sometimes chips. They have a microwave at school so I can often send leftovers if that is what the kids want. Our school sends home a list of acceptable food items so we aren't allowed to do a lot of junk food. Hope these ideas are helpful!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to more ideas; I need them too. Thanks Lisa, Lori, and Cara for the ideas and thanks Sheila for asking for them.
Cher