BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 8, 2008

A New Road.....

Today marks the beginning of a new ministry that I am going to be a part of. Early this Spring, it became clear to me, that God was asking me to begin a journey of faith with Him. A journey that is brand new to me, but the passion was sparked years ago!

God had placed on my heart a passion to walk beside women in crisis. There seems to be so many women, even in the church, who are finding themselves drowning in pain, depression, trauma, addictions.....feeling like they have no hope!

I knew that God was calling me to give them some hope! I can't fix their problems, but God can! I can't make life better for them, but I can walk with them and be their friend!

After meeting with our Ministries Pastor, and sharing my passion, she was excited about the possibilities! She, Duane and I decided that we would pray, and wait to see what happened!

The very next morning, I got an email from Lynn saying, that morning our Pastor had asked her if there were any ladies in the church, who would be interested in walking beside a gal that needs love, friendship and support?

So, to make a long story shorter.....today I am meeting (over coffee of course) with a girl that is desperately in need of hope! She became a Christian recently, and is needing support as she faces some hard things!

I am not going to be her counselor or her psychologist. I won't be able to fix her life, and make it pretty for her! I simply intend to love her like Jesus does...that is all He asks!

Please pray for me as I begin this journey! God is doing something amazing in my life...and it is ALL about HIM!!

7 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Sheila Dy ~ I am so proud of what you are doing and for how God is leading you. My prayers are with you!
I love you

julie f said...

Oh, today's the day? Yeah! I will be praying for you throughout the day. You can do ALL things through Him!

Anonymous said...

Sheila, that's awesome! I'll be praying that God gives you wisdom in saying just the right words in your new ministry!

Anonymous said...

Sheila, that's awesome! I will be praying that God will give you wisdom to say just the right words in your new ministry!!!

Lori

jenny said...

Sounds like a really neat ministry...and I think you will be used greatly!

Cara said...

Sheila,

What a neat ministry God has led you into. And wow! There is so much brokenness it continues to astound me, but I want to focus on God and how full of grace he is. I'm sure that your life will be richer because you are simply showing people Jesus' love.

Would you mind talking more about this ministry and explaining what you do? (just curious about the details--is it always one-on-one or are you going to speak to groups? etc.)

Amy Ellen said...

How wonderful. I will pray that all goes well for you and your new ministry. How awesome also that you are willing to do it. So many people just want to show up after things are done and solved, it takes a wonderful giving spirit to be someone who DOES not just waits for someone else.
Be Blessed
Amy