BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Pilgrimage to God!


This Summer and it's relaxed schedule afforded me the time to be involved in a Bible Study, by Beth Moore called, Stepping Up.

I will begin by admitting that I have never properly learned how to study the Bible. I read, but never really dissected the verses, understood their context, compared verses to one another.....this Bible study has indeed changed my life in more ways than one...one of them being that I actually studied 15 chapters in the Psalms...in eight weeks!!

Psalms 120-134 are considered the Psalms of Ascent. They were sung by the pilgrims as they journeyed to the Three Great Feasts!

I will not ever have enough space or time to share everything that I gained from this study! I have a study book that has become like a precious treasure to me! It contains what I learned, the insights that God shared with me about my pilgrimage, the cries and joys of my heart that closely resemble David's, the Word of God that will forever be engraved onto the tablet my heart.......pure gold!

I am on a journey....I have not arrived....but just as they sang their praises to God, I too will praise Him!

The Psalm that may very easily rise to the top as my all time favorite passage of Scripture is, Psalm 121: 1-8 (HCSB)

1 I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber (your Keeper does not sleep!).

4 Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.

5 The LORD protects you;
the LORD is a shelter right by your side.

6 The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night.

7 The LORD will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.

8 The LORD will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.

(Highlights are mine)

I personally entitled this Psalm, "My Keeper". No matter what comes into my life that threatens to "take me out", God is aware and awake, and my Keeper will protect my life!! Will bad things still happen....most assuredly! But will it take me out for good? No!!

Tonight I will exalt, my God, my King...my Keeper!



0 comments: