BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Step #2...The Donor Cell Test Kit Has Arrived!


Tonight, FedEx dropped this off to me. So, on Monday morning, I have to swab the inside of my mouth/cheeks, and then overnight the package back to the NBMR.

I sat and held the envelope in my hands tonight and without warning started to cry. I know that I am sometimes too emotional and that I cry easily!! Maybe I am?

I started to think of this man laying in a hospital, very ill. His family is surrounding him, praying and hoping that somebody out there, will be a match! For him, it means that this is a matter of life and death! They are most likely begging God for a miracle!

Do I have the right kind of bone marrow? I don't know?
But to think that I may be possibly carrying around, deep in my bones, life saving marrow...has given me a new perspective!

I have spent the last two days praying for this man....and wondering....who is he?/where does he live?/how many children does he have?/what is his name?
If I am to be his donor...it will be at least a year before I know anything else about him!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great thing that you are doing!! I hope that you are a match and that you can help this man. I will be praying with you for him.
Thanks for sharing