BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Cool-Whip Coaster Story

This week on Facebook, Talisha and I have been going back and forth at each other....all in fun!
Talisha and I are sister-in-laws, having married into a family consisting of four boys!!! We learned very early on that in order to survive amongst this group of crazy people, you have to become one of them!

Here is the story:
(Remember that this is strictly all in fun. No one was offended or hurt):

Talisha "snooped" in on a conversation I was having with her sister, Talena, and let us both know that she was listening in. So, Talena told her to quit being paranoid.
I reminded Talena that when some people start into their "elderly stage of life", they become very paranoid.
So, to get Talisha off our backs, I told her to go busy herself, and make coasters out of yarn and cool-whip lids. Isn't that what elderly women do sometimes (no offense to the elderly)...make crafts out of plastic remnants??

Well that started a flood of comments and turned into a week-long topic on Facebook, involving many friends and family!

It was funny!

So then....last night, we were hanging out at Aaron and Cher's with Marc and Talisha. Talisha's parents, Steve and Sharon were there as well.
Something was said about all the comments about the Cool-Whip Coasters, and what should Talisha pull out of her purse.....You are not going to believe this!!!!


That crazy woman made an honest-to-goodness Cool-Whip Coaster for me!!! Isn't that great!!!

I will end all of this fun by saying, I am so grateful for my sister-in-law, Talisha!!! I have been blessed with THE BEST sisters (forget the in-law) ever!!!!
I married into the Taylor family, seven years before Talisha, Steph and Jamie. I knew a day was coming, when my three brother-in-laws would go find their brides, and I prayed about it! I had heard horror stories about sister-in-laws....so I prayed for these girls before I ever knew them!
I am delighted to say, that God answered my prayers. We have a blast together!!


Look...it is a perfect fit for my coffee cup!!!

3 comments:

Cher said...

That was too funny! I'm glad you found a mug big enough for it! :-) We had a great time with all of you!

Anonymous said...

I have a great sister-in-law too. I know how wonderful it is to have God bring someone special into your life. Enjoy these moments.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you found a coffe mug to fit it!!! Talisha