BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Simplify...my favorite word!


A little over a month ago, I established a new chore plan for our children. I will say that it has helped get them off of their backsides, and my workload has lightened tremendously!

My one problem has been, that while I was trying to develop a plan to make our home and the work within our home a well-greased team effort, I created another monster! (I am good at that)

I made it so that my kids earn points by working. Those points are then used for TV time. (My kids love to watch shows such as, Little House on the Prairie, Andy Griffith, Beverly Hillbillies, Lucy...but they don't realize how much time they can spend watching one after another.)
So, from 1:00-3:00 in the afternoon, they have to work to earn 100 points, so that they can watch one of their favorite shows!
It has been working, but I have created another job for mom to do: keep track of three kid's points everyday!! (GROWL) It has made Mom a bit Bear-ish!

So, last night, after talking to Rose and Talisha about it while we sipped Latte's...I was determined to figure out a new "keep track system".

I came home and was in the kitchen looking through some stuff, when I came across this on my Mom's Plan-It Calender.
This was my answer!!! This would make my Chore System so easy to keep track of! So, that is what I will be working on today! Instead of a prize for 5 completed chores, my kids will get TV time in the evening!

As a side note....I love our DVR because, we record "Little House" that plays at 1:00 pm, and the children can watch it after they get their work done!

0 comments: