BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Favorite (Easy) Meal!

I love easy meals!
With a busy schedule and school, my days get clogged with things to do, and the last thing I feel like doing is slaving away over the stove!
Now, I will confess that I guilt myself into fixing somewhat elaborate meals quite frequently. Somehow, I have entwined my identity into what comes out of my kitchen! It is ridiculous and exhausting! But, I am working on it.

So, with all of that said, here is my newest favorite thing to fix on those nights when I want to go EASY! I can whip this dish up in about 20 minutes. Don't be fooled by the name...it is so simple!

"Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta"

13 oz. box Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta (I like the Whole Wheat Penne Rigate)
16 oz. jar of Classico Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
1 cup of sliced carrots
1 cup of sliced green and red bell peppers (1/2 cup each)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can of black olives, drained
2 cups of chicken, fully cooked and cut into small pieces

Cook the pasta until al dent'e. Drain. While pasta is cooking, saute' the veggies in olive oil, just until fork tender. Add the sauce, chicken and olives to the pan of veggies and heat thoroughly. Pour the vegetable/chicken mixture over the pasta and lightly stir together.
Serve hot with Crusty Bread.

This is a meal that Alex likes to help me make. He is my official vegetable cutter! Last night, as we were preparing the veggies, he said, "Mom, we should add some cilantro to this." So, he did, and it was FABULOUS!! All three of the children love this pasta, and I love that they are getting a nice serving of vegetables! Except for Ash, who picks out the carrots!

Try it, and enjoy!

1 comments:

jenny said...

Sounds really good...I will definitely try...new, easy supper recipes are the thing I am always most in desire of. Thanks for sharing!