BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!

The Peach Salad is gelling; the Chocolate Four-layer Delight is layered; the multi-colored plastic eggs are filled with Nerds and Starbursts; the real eggs are hard-boiled, and sitting in the fridge in all of their rainbow beauty! The clothes are laid out, the shoes are sitting by the door, all three of our children are squeaky clean and sound asleep.....We are ready for Easter Sunday!

But, in the midst of all the preparation and craziness of this holiday, I don't want to miss the fact that because He lives.....Life is worth living!

Last night, we took the family to see, No Greater Love at Nampa First Nazarene. This was Nikki's first time to see it, while the rest of us have seen it many times! So to be able to sit there, and watch her amazement was..... amazing! She was soaking it all in! When the stone rolls (blows up), and Peter and John run to look in, Nikki leans over to me, and says, "Mommy, He isn't going to be in there, is He?" I replied with "no." She then looked me in the eyes and said, "Nope, He isn't going to be in there, because He is alive.... and Easter is not all about chocolate, it's about Jesus!!!" (Thank you, God...she is getting it!)
I giggled inside, but then soon found tears falling down my cheeks as I thought of that reality. I sat there last night, and once again it really, really hit me....My Savior is Alive!!! He isn't some dead man, that one time did some good. He is Alive!! Death had absolutely NO POWER over Him!!

I have been sharing with my children this week, that although Christ's death on that old rugged cross was tragic, and wrong, and sad.....Easter is about CELEBRATING and REJOICING that our God is not still hanging on an old cross, and He is not laying in some ruined tomb... we are celebrating The One who lives!!

So with that in mind, in the morning, we will put on our Spring garb, and with our church family we will worship the ONE who is ALIVE!!!

And then we will feast with those we love....family!

Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that You're my God.
You're altogether lovely, Altogether worthy, Altogether wonderful to me!!!!

0 comments: