BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Solitude...

This past weekend, my mother and father, took all three of the children on a trip to visit cousins. They are scheduled to arrive home this evening...for which I am glad, because I have really, really missed them!
Duane and I have enjoyed a relaxing weekend together. He took me out to dinner Saturday night, to eat one of our favorite cuisines...Thai Food! The restaurant was one that we had been wanting to try, and it was nice. I can't say that it was the best Thai I have had, but I would eat there again. So far, my favorite is still Mai Thai in Eagle! If you live in this area, and you want to try Thai, I highly recommend it! And if you need someone to go along, just give us a call!

We spent a beautiful morning in church yesterday, and once again feasted on Pastor Darrell's sermon which took us further into Psalms 119.

This morning, after Duane left for work, the house was silent! At first, it felt eerie, but then the silence grew on me! My first reaction was to turn on some noise, but I felt a desire to sit with a cup of coffee, and read my Bible in the silence. (I never have complete quiet, unless I get out of bed before there is any oxygen!)
For a little background- I am at this very moment, (and for the last few days) asking something VERY big from God! I mean REALLY BIG! I know that it is going to spark some curiosity, but I feel the need to keep this between me and God right now. So, when you pray for me, just ask God to help me with the REALLY BIG thing that I am praying for!

This (quiet, silent) morning, I sat and read almost twenty different verses from the Bible in regards to Faith! I went to www.biblegateway.com, and typed in the word faith, and then took my Bible and read through the verses listed. I only got through a fraction of the ones given...but it was a start. I could see a trend in what I was reading..."follow My commands, and walk by faith..." See the word walk indicates a journey. Not an immediate happening or event, but rather a journey where I, Sheila, follow the commands of Christ, and with my hand securely gripping His hand, I walk in faith, knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that He does ALL things well!
So, that is what I am doing! I know that He wants to do something HUGE for me, and so, I will walk in faith, believing He is going to answer!

In the meantime, I will do some laundry, eat some lunch, read awhile, maybe take a nap, and start dinner!
God is good...all the time!

0 comments: