BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hallelujah!

I have a very exciting thing to report!

I have prayed and prayed that my children would learn "initiative". I want my kids to see a need and fill it. Not have to be asked, told or forced...just see it and do it!

This afternoon, I was getting ready to go to lunch with a friend, and while I was waiting for her to arrive, I was unloading the dishwasher. Alex walked into the kitchen, and said, "Hey Mom, I can do that for you." I about fainted!
I said, "Okay, that would be great. "
He then said, "I will load the dirty dishes for you too." I again almost fainted!

I hugged him, walked away with a huge smile in my heart.
Alex finally got it!! Yeah!

God uses those times to remind me that Duane and I are building grand cathedrals (our children), and although it takes a lot of time and hard detailed work, it will not be in vain.

1 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

well honey, I will be sending 3 children over to you real soon, they may be at your door by now.


I love you and your family! God has definately blessed you and your family!