BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 23, 2007

Day out with Nikki




This morning Nikki and I took Alex to meet the bus for summer camp. We had to have him there at 8:15, so our day started quite early. Alex will be gone all week, so our house is going to be quiet!
He was very excited and I know that he will have a blast, but my lip hurts from biting back tears as he climbed on the bus, for a week without his mom! Yeek!

After we left the church, we stopped for Chai Tea Latte's and then we headed to Boise Towne Square, to shop for a flower girl dress. Nikki's Grandma Colleen is getting married and has asked her to be her flower girl. Nikki has been floating on cloud 9 ever since Colleen asked her. (For a little background: Colleen is my dad's second ex-wife, and she is my ex-step-mom...I know it is complicated! Colleen has stayed close to us, and shows her love easily for Aaron and I's families. She is a sweet person, and the our children love her.)

Now, back to dress shopping...We searched the mall and found nothing. All the stores have their Back-to-School clothes out, and no fancy summer dresses. So, off we went to David's Bridal Store. We walked through the front door, and Nik said, "I feel like I am in heaven!" She is all flowers and frills, and loves to dress up!
After, trying on 7 dresses, we found the perfect dress! As she was posing in front of the mirror, I had a thought that, before I know it, I am going to be in a bridal store watching her try on HER wedding dress...!
Grandma Colleen asked her of she wanted to wear a tiara(princess crown) or flowers in her hair, and she chose a tiara.

It was quite a day! Spending time with all three of the kids is fun, but being one on one with them is always full of joy and the making of sweet memories!

Ashley is doing great! Thank you for your prayers and love for her.

4 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

OH MY!!! That is about the age I was when your mom and dad got married, I was the lousy candlelighter. I figured since I was the sister, I should be more than the candlelighter. hehehe. Nikki is so cute and precious in her frilly dress. I know you will take lots of pix of the wedding.

Cara said...

I love your picture of Nikki in that dress. Kelcie would absolutely love to try dresses on and look as she says, "boeutiful". It is so fun to keep up with your life and see your pictures. I am working on uploading picture to my blog--haven't figured it out yet. Soon there will be pictures. It was fun to see Deanna and her fam. Is she still moving to Australia?

Cher said...

I finally got a blog page so that I can leave comments. :-) I don't have time to do anything with it yet, but it'll come someday!
I love Nikki's dress! What a fun day!

Cara said...

OK--just read the whole script that goes with Deanna and her fam. So why are they moving to ID? That is great!