BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Potato Salad



There is nothing that goes with an American Summer Picnic quite like Potato Salad. I grew up thinking that potato salad was yucky...but it was because of the crunchy onions and sweet pickles...both of which make me shiver in horror!I never really thought that I could make Potato Salad without those two ingredients...that is until I tasted this. It originally came from one of my sister in laws, but I have tweaked a couple of things to suit our liking.


Potato Salad


3 Pounds of Red Potatoes-scrub clean and cut into quarters. I like to leave the peels on mine.


Boil the potatoes until fork tender. Drain, cool and mash just until slightly mashed, leaving some chunks.


1 1/2 cups of Mayo

1 Tbsp. Mustard (optional)

1/4 tsp. of onion powder

Dill pickle juice to moisten

Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the above ingredients together and pour over cooled potatoes.


1 cup of chopped, cooked bacon

2 hard boiled eggs, sliced

1/2 cup chopped dill pickles

1 cup grated cheddar cheese


Add these ingredients to the the potato and dressing mix and stir all together. If it seems dry, just add a little more pickle juice. (it doesn't take much)

Sprinkle paprika on top (be careful when taking it to a party/picnic. Some people are allergic to paprika)

Stick a big spoon in it, and serve beside a Hamburger or Fried Chicken (or whatever else is you choose) Enjoy!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh wow, thank you for the recipe! I just LOVE almost-mashed potato salad! Hope your summer is going well.