BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Antiquing in Seattle

Our family is currently vacationing in the Seattle area, and today my Aunt Kim took us girls to an older town, and we went "antiquing and lunching". (Not sure if lunching is a word, but it sounds good!)
I am always on the lookout for vintage linens that come with fruits and flowers in the red, yellow and green variety. This was in excellent condition!
I came across the one below for Nikki to use while she is serving tea to friends. It is covered with pictures of children. I LOVE IT!


I enjoy adding to my collection of covered refrigerator dishes, and today I found a small yellow one. I am not sure how I will use "her", but she will have a job soon enough!

To go along with the yellow theme, I couldn't pass up the glass piture with sunny lemons dancing around it! Kim spotted this one for me!

I have such a love for things that have been gently used. I try to imagine that somewhere, one day, these linens and glassware belonged to someone that loved them as much as I do now. Perhaps they were wedding gifts, or things longed for, that had to be "saved-up" for...whatever their stories...they are now mine and I love them!

1 comments:

Dámaris said...

Those are beautiful finds Sheila. I am glad you are having fun!