BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chef-in-Training

Here at the Taylor's, we have a young chef. He begs to cook with me on a daily basis. I love it, because he is helpful, and it gives he and I a chance to talk and bond over skillets and mixing bowls!
This morning, he announced that he wanted to make pancakes! He set to work, and with some help from mom, he added a touch of vanilla flavoring and some sugar. He wanted "Sweet Flap-jacks".
I have been trying to teach him to experiment with recipes. It has taken me years to learn that adding a touch of flavorings, seasonings, or herbs, can make a "ho-hum dish" come alive with flavor! Except when a certain father-in-law wonders why there is grass (Rosemary) in the spaghetti sauce?

Mr. Flap-Jack!
These were some of the yummiest pancakes I have ever eaten!

(Sorry, to a certain some-woman, about all the syrup floating on the plate. I worried that might make you gag!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you thinking of me? GAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, I am proud of Alex and I would have loved to taste one. Just with a whole lot less of syrup! :-)
Cher

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Cher ~ I agree with you. I am not a syrup kinda person. It makes me gag. I thought I was the only weird one.
Alex ~ it looks great. I will give you a cooking tip I wished someone would have given me. Make sure you use baking soda when it says baking soda, don't mistake and use baking powder. LOL
Great job!

Ivywood Family Center, Inc. said...

Don't you think this needs to be in our PPT? That is an adorable photo of your young chef!