BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Steeped to Perfection!

I was reading in my Better Homes and Garden's magazine today about the benefits of drinking tea in solitary.....Tea for One. (March 2009, p. 198)

I am a lover of tea, and all things related to it. That is not news to anyone who knows me at all. A friend recently questioned me on how many different kinds of tea I own? I went to my tea cupboard, and found 34 different varieties/flavors.

James Norwood Pratt, Founder of Tea Society says, "There is literally nothing better you can do for your physical self than drink tea." Norwood-Pratt goes on to say, "It is impossible to name any one substance that confers as many benefits as tea!"

Although, having a cup of tea with one of my children or my girl-friends is enough to make me smile...having a cup of tea in solace, is my favorite. It calms my spirit and makes me realize the pleasure of life in simple form.

My mid-morning ritual of drinking a cup of tea while spending time alone with God, is a part of my day, that I would not want to soon give up! While sipping a hot cup of tea, I find that I am restored...both in body and spirit!

Don't get the wrong impression....I don't sit around my house all day with a flowery cup of tea in one hand and a truffle in the other. No, not at all! But I do try to take a few minutes every day to enjoy this ritual that allows me to pause. I find that if I will pause, and exhale, I am ready for what ever happens next...well most of the time!

"A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water."-Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comments:

Dámaris said...

I love that quote Sheila. So true!