BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

20 Little Things to Treasure at Christmas!

20. Sitting in my family room, in the dark, with only the lights from my Christmas Village shining.

19. Stirring my coffee with a candy cane.

18. Opening envelopes filled with beautiful cards, family pictures and newsy letters.

17. Driving on a road that looks down on our valley, and seeing Christmas lights near and far.

16. Keeping secrets about Christmas presents.

15. Having the freedom to say "Merry Christmas!"

14. Christmas Carols...especially O Holy Night!

13. Watching as people go out of their way to help complete strangers!

12. Listening to bells ring as coins are dropped into red buckets.

11. Simply loving

10. The beauty of innocence in children, as they gaze at all the wonders of Christmas

9. Having my favorite color (red) splashed all around me...everywhere I look!

8. Hanging up ornaments, and remembering where they came from and the little stories behind each one.

7. The smell of peppermint and vanilla and yeast and cinnamon and.......delicacies from the kitchen!

6. Snuggling up with a quilt and reading a Christmas Story.

5. Anticipating Christmas vacation...and still having to remind myself that sleeping in is ok!

4. Recalling memories of Christmas...some make me laugh, some make tears fall....but all are part of my story!

3. Watching a brand new mother gaze with wonder at her new baby, and imagining what it must have been like for Mary on the cold night!

2. Being with the ones that define "Love" in my life!

Last, but far from least.......

1. Closing my eyes and centering my thoughts on a Baby, that was sent to earth for me...and you....and realizing all over again, as if for the first time, that I didn't deserve the Greatest Gift EVER given.

Tonight, I hold in my heart the gifts of mercy, grace, joy, love, peace......and a renewed determination to share them with everyone I encounter!

Merry Christmas!

0 comments: