BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Football Is Over!

Football is over!!!
This momma is happy....happy that we had the fun times watching Alex play, happy that they won a lot, happy that Alex was having a blast, and then happy that it finally comes to an end!!

We are also kinda sad.....sad that they lost their championship game, sad that there are immature parents who yell rude comments to the refs and get thrown out, sad that 11-12 year old boys have to see the parents acting so poorly, and sad that one of Alex's teammates got hurt and had to be carried off on a stretcher!

But despite all of that, we had a fun night!
Before finding out that Alex couldn't play his last game, I had planned a surprise tailgate party. So, when his Dr. said that he couldn't play football anymore, we decided that the party should go on and it would be good for a disappointed little guy!

I fixed Chili and Cornbread, Hot Chocolate and Cider... and then everyone brought cookies. It was so much fun!
It rained on us, and we got very wet....but we feasted anyway, and then cheered for a great team!!

Alex's teammate, Tad (who made most of their touchdowns this season) was thrown around pretty hard, and has a bad concision...that was a hard way to end the season!
We are proud of the Warriors, and grateful for a good coach and even the referees!


#89 was hurt early on in the game...(Alex is #22)


Our boy watching from the sidelines!

Alex's fans! Thanks everyone for coming!!

Kyra made some awesome football cookies for Alex! Thanks Kyra!

Eating Chili

Alex

Hanging out with cousins, Kyra and Brandon

Grandma Margaret, Aunt Stephanie and girls

Paula and Aunt Lisa

Even Mary Poppins came! No, it is Grandpa Bob

Brittney was bundled up good!

Nikki, Bridgette and Brooklyn

Nikki under her "unberelala"


Kyra, Grandma Sue and Ash

4 comments:

Cara said...

How fun! Sorry about Alex and his friend! And I'm happy for you that this busy season is over. Now onto the next busy thing right?! LOL

Cute pics in the blog below--love your creative photo shoot. I'm sure this works better with girls; my boys would be making all kinds of faces when I'm trying to get them to smile or look normal!

Anonymous said...

The pictures were fun. Thanks for sharing. It's so odd to see everyone bundled up like that because down here we are still in shorts and short-sleeves. I wish the cold weather would get here. Winter's always been my favorite season. Hugs...

Amy Ellen said...

Well despite the loss it looks like everyone had a good time.

Amy

jenny said...

Sheila...I am getting caught up. The tailgating party looked like so much fun...even though football is over for Alex. Our boys are just entering a fascination with the sport.

I love the photos in the last blog. What treasures!

And the doula thing sounds so, so neat. I had a friend here that was pursuing that...but I haven't seen her in a while. After the birth of our first, I told Tom I could definitely be a nurse if it was an obgyn (but in truth I am SO not geared for the medical field). You'd be great at it and I'm anxious to hear more about the journey.

Oh and the WOF conference looked really neat too. I love conferences.

Wishing you guys lots of warm nights home together!