BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What I have been studying.....

This morning you could have found me sitting in a local coffee shop, sipping a cup of hot mint tea, and doing homework for my A Woman's Heart...God's Dwelling Place, Bible Study (I know, I know...I have it hard).
I came across the following paragraph in reference to God providing Manna for the famished Israelites, and have spent the remainder of this day chomping on it:

"I finally understand the nature of God's mercy and grace. They are always there, available every day, prior to our need, and in direct proportion to every moment's demand; but we must gather them. That part is completely our responsibility.
What do you think would have happened to the Israelites if they had stayed inside their tents with their stomachs growling? They would have starved to death with the provision right outside their tent! Yet you and I frequently watch Christians do the same thing.
Yes, God's grace is always sufficient, and His arms are always open to give it; but will our arms be open to receive what He so graciously offers?

You and I can survive anything, but we must want to!

The world offers plenty of quail (Egyptian symbolism of abundance) to satisfy our hunger, but we will stuff ourselves without satisfaction. Only God's provision can satisfy a starving soul"

~Beth Moore


I am thinking of times in my life, when I have complained I had it hard! I thought in those dark days, God was absent, and what had me so stumped was that I had read in His Word, he would meet my every need, and he would take care of every detail in my life. So, why was I going through these horrid circumstances?
I have watched good people go through really bad things, and wondered where God was for them?

He is always there, providing just enough Manna for that day...He just expects us to get up and gather His goodness! God will help us through each day, we just have to want Him to!!

Psalms 81:10...

I am the Lord your God,

who brought you up out of Egypt.

Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.

What a promise!!

3 comments:

Cher said...

That is so good; thank you for sharing! Love you tons!

Katie said...

Sheila, our women's group just finished this Bible study last night - it was such a blessing over the past few months! Enjoy! In 2 weeks we start Beth Moore's Psalms of Ascent study - Stepping Up and we're so excited!

SheilaDy said...

To Katie (above)....I have three friends named Katie, and I don't know which one you are? I tried to click on your name and your blog is not accessible. Sorry!

We did the Stepping Up Bible Study this Summer, and it was amazing!! You will love it!

Blessings,
Sheila