BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cooking Day!


Today, my small group friends came over to my house and for two hours, we cooked together.

I have always loved this concept, and while I have done it once before as meals for a friend, this time....I get to keep the meals!

Each lady brought all the ingredients for two recipes and made four (9x13) pans from each recipe. That would be eight pans, per lady. When it was all said and done, we had made 32 pans of food all together! Each one of us, now has 8 separate meals in our freezers tonight!

Here is our Menu:

Sheila....Lasagna & Chicken Wild Rice Casserole

Rose....Pizza Casserole & Chicken Enchiladas

Tina....Beef Stroganoff & Chicken Tortilla Soup

Vicki....South of the Boarder Casserole & Baked Bean Casserole

We had our meats pre-cooked and all our vegetables chopped, before hand! That makes a huge difference on time! But two hours of cooking for one week of dinner meals....not bad at all!!
I would like to do this often, and as we learn and polish the process....maybe do once a month cooking!! I love that idea!
All I have to do is pull a meal out of the freezer to thaw, stick it in the oven, make a fresh garden salad or side dish to accompany the meal....set the table and holler..."Dinner's Ready!!"



4 comments:

Dámaris said...

That is an awesome idea!! I'll have to try it sometime.

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Oh how fun, IF I could get my family to eat cassoroles or anything besides MEAT and POTATOES!

Trisha said...

I love that idea. Have heard of it before but never havae gotten it started. Maybe I should give it a try. Trisha

Esther said...

Hi Sheila! Just now found you. Actually Melissa was scrolling through Trisha's blog and I came in the room and said Hey let me see that! It was so good to see you and your family! Where do you live? Do you have contact with Sherilyn Bullock or Scott Meeks?

Esther Crawford Pannebaker