BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 8, 2007

We rang the bells!


This afternoon, Ashley, Alex, Nikki and myself, stood in front of JC Penny's and rang bells for "The Salvation Army."
Last week, we heard that they were very short on volunteer bell ringers this year, so I called and was given an assignment immediately!

I have to say that it was a walk in the park! It was only two hours out of our life...two hours that gave us a lifetime of blessings.
The children were a little apprehensive at first, but about 20 minutes into it, they were opening doors for the customers, saying, "Merry Christmas", and arguing about whose turn it was to ring the bell.
Almost every single person that walked by was kind and gracious, and many stopped and spoke with us. One older gentleman, looked at me as he put a $20.00 in the bucket, and said, "The Salvation Army saved my life many years ago!"

We are scheduled to do it again this next week...so, if you see our family wearing red aprons that say, "I am a Bell Ringer", and ringing the little bell, please stop and say hi to us...oh, yeah, bring a dollar or two to put in our bucket!

1 comments:

julie f said...

So proud of you for introducing your kids to what really matters!

I hope to learn much more from you!

Love you!