BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful!

I am thankful for:

  • My Husband, Duane...who still makes my heart race!
  • Our Children, Ashley, Alex & Nichole...who give us something to smile about every moment of the day!
  • Our Families (way too many to name!)...each one of you contribute so much to our lives!
  • Our Home...abundantly blessed!
  • Our Vehicles...dependable and paid for!
  • Every material need supplied...yes, we have wants, but our needs are met!
  • Our health...we are a healthy bunch! Hallelujah!
  • Our Friends...what would we do without them! I think we have the greatest friends EVER!
  • Our Church & Pastoral Team...God is good and wise! He knew just what we needed, just when we needed it! Thank you Wiseman's, Martin's, Deim's, Wade's and Snyder's!
  • Our Small Group...the Nalley's, Tilford's, West's and Foster's! Your hearts are so full of love and you make it easy for us to be your leaders!
  • For Salvation and Grace...this gift of sacrifice that God has given me and my family, is the greatest gift of all!
We have been blessed above more than we deserve, and we give God ALL the glory and praise!

Today, I was in Walmart, checking out, when the cashier, Tammy, struck up a conversation about tomorrow. We chatted for a bit, and she told me that she was sick today (her coughing and hacking indicated that what she told me was true!), but that she couldn't miss a day of work, because her husband was laid off from his job. She told me that it was hard to be in that situation through the holidays. She has one 16 year old son, but he lives with his dad. It is going to just be her and her husband tomorrow, and she went on and on.......As she bagged and I loaded the cart, I had the opportunity to share with her, that she is loved and cared for by God. She told me that she knew she was, but that it is hard sometimes to believe it in her head. I assured her, that even if she didn't feel it, God still loved her. She and I fought back tears, and I prayed a quick prayer with her that God would heal her body, and fill her heart with peace.
She thanked me, wished me a happy Thanksgiving; I returned the wishes, and I walked out.
I realized that God had given me that moment in Walmart, to remind me that there is a great, big world full of Tammy's. Hurting, lonely, aching, sick......
I got in the van, and prayed all the way home, that God would be so real in Tammy's life, and that she would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He loved her!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
Sheila

0 comments: