BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Thoughts...

Good Morning Dear Blog Readers!
School is set to start in 50 minutes. My children are going through their morning routines, and I am spending a few minutes sharing a couple thoughts I read yesterday in a new book by Sandi Patty called, "Falling Forward...into His arms of grace".
I have only read up to the second chapter, and find myself going over it again that I may fully understand. So, I thought I would just share them with you, and maybe you would be blessed too.

Sandi quotes Henri Nouwen, who wrote about the blessing of brokenness...he pointed out that at the last supper with his disciples, Jesus took the bread, broke it, blessed it, and then gave it. So, too, he implies, God does with our lives. Jesus takes us and sometimes must break us (usually to expose the stuff inside that needs a good cleansing); then he blesses us after our brokenness and gives us away to a hurting world that needs more empathetic and compassionate "wounded healers" than it does airbrushed religious figures.

Another person Sandi quotes is Sheila Walsh..."And the greatest thing I discovered was that I could be fully known and fully loved. Jesus knew the worst and He loved me. What a relief to know the worst about yourself and at the same moment to be embraced by God. It's so liberating to reach the end of yourself."

I will be chewing on these for awhile!

Blessings for a day where you know that you are abundantly loved by your Creator-
Sheila

2 comments:

Sister Sue said...

Sheila, you are ahead of me. I bought her book and haven't even started it.
Thank you for the morning musings.
Bob and I were on the sagebrush hill this morning before sunrise and saw the beginning of a new day. It is invigorating, to say the least. We saw the sun but not the deer, until later on private property.
Mom

Cher said...

Wow! Fully known and fully loved by God; I am so thankful that is true!