BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 28, 2007

It's my birthday!


Today is my birthday! I am now sporting the number 35!

I have determined within myself, that I am not going to be one of those ladies that hides and lies about their age. What is there to be ashamed of?? I have lived 35 years upon this earth, and I am proud to have made it this far, with only a few bumps and scrapes along the way.

I have been blessed in my life!

  • I am a friend of God.
  • I have an amazing man who chose to love me and live his life with me. He gives his love, his time and his life to me freely and unconditionally every single day!
  • I have three beautiful children, who are happy, healthy and overflowing with love for their mommy!
  • I have a loving and loyal family, who thinks I am wonderful no matter what I do!
  • I have the greatest friends EVER! They so freely give of their time, friendship, chocolate, or whatever it is that I need.
  • I have all of my earthly needs supplied.

35 years worth of Lessons (in no particular order):

  • I realize that time is really precious.
  • I have learned to spend more time with the people who love me, and less time with the people who don't.
  • I have learned that what others think of me, is far less important than what my Savior thinks of me.
  • I have learned that the word "No", can be just as beautiful as the word "Yes"
  • I have learned that going to church on Sunday, does not constitute a deep relationship with Jesus.
  • I have learned that being in relationship with Jesus, is not about how much I do for Him, but about how much I am with/in Him.
  • I am still learning to be a human "being", and not a human "doing".
  • I am still learning to graciously accept the Ultimate Gift(Grace), and not try to apply a price tag to it. It has been purchased already, and I can't earn it, or pay for it...Final!!!!
  • I have learned that my Bible and www.mapquest.com will always get me where I need to go.
  • I have learned that laundry is endless, so I need to get over it!
  • I have learned that a clean, tidy home makes it's inhabitants happy!
  • I have learned that a yummy meal in the oven, a hug and a smile makes my husband happy to be home.
  • I have learned that I am not naturally organized, so I must give it my best, and keep it simple!
  • I am learning that the teenager that lives with us (and belongs to us), just needs to hear that she is loved, pretty and will always be cared for...no matter what!
  • I am learning that playing Pet Shoppe with a 7 year old, translates to "You matter to me!"
  • I am learning that boys like girls (even their moms) to chase them, and think they are cool!
  • I have learned that while fractions and past participles are important, so is learning how to be helpful, resourceful, creative, loving and kind.
  • I have learned that instead of wishing people would be kind, I need to show them how.
  • I have learned that a cup of Chai tea and a hug makes all things better!
  • I have learned that I have much left to learn!

Now, excuse me while I go celebrate! Here's to the next 35 years!

3 comments:

Cher said...

Happy Birthday! I love you! Your blog is so wonderful; wow! You are a gifted writer! It just spills out of you! I'm a little jealous; no I'll be happy for you and anxiously await your next posts to make me smile!
I loved the list you made of things you have learned! What great lessons for all of us! I hope you have a wonderful, rest of the day!
I love you!!!!!
CHER

julie f said...

Wow! That was so good, I intend to print it and read it often! Great things to have learned in 35 years. It definitely shows your wisdom!

Hope your day is splendid!
Love you!

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!! I love you and Happy Birthday!!! Wow, 35, that is young still. I do love you and wish you the next 35 to be as great as you deserve!
Aunty Lisa