BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 6, 2007

Fishing


A few weeks ago, while at the cabin in Donnelly, we went fishing.
If you know me, you know that I love to fish!
My Grandpa Aman instilled in me a love for hooking the worm, casting out, and anticipating the "big one"! I don't mind the worms, tangled string, slimy fish...and all the other joys of fishing! When I get in the Fishing-Mode, my stress melts away.

I have usually been quite successful in my fishing endeavors. I remember one time when I was 12, I had caught a beautiful rainbow trout. He was at least 10 inches long...really.
I was the only one who had hooked one that day, and I was proud! My dad had leaned into the water to put the fish on the string, when the fish flopped, and dad lost his grip. My fish went swimming away, laughing that he had gotten loose...while I cried!

My idea of a perfect day, would be me(with lots of sunscreen and a big floppy hat) in a little rowboat, just quietly fishing. I wouldn't mind if someone else was with me, so I would have someone to talk to. I really wouldn't mind if Grandpa Aman could come down from Heaven and join me for just one more fishing trip.

1 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

OHHHHHH Wouldn't that be so awesome. If we could go fishing and there would be Poppy, just sitting there smiling that goofy smile that lets you know he was getting ready to say something great and funny, or not so funny. I miss him so bad sometimes.