BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Falling & Confession

They say that confession is good for the soul...so here goes.

I confess, that I am clumsy.


Last night, around 5:30, I had just put my flip-flops on (to go with Duane, to help Aaron unload his moving truck). I started down our stairs, wearing the flip-flops that I had just put on, when I felt my shoe snag on the carpet. In an instant, I was falling all the way to the landing. I managed to hit every part of me on something! I cracked my elbow on the wall, I hit the back of my head on the step, I hit my left shoulder, the middle of my back, my hip, my rear(tail bone), my knee, and I twisted my right foot! I seriously felt my brain flop around in my head, and my abdomen was screaming in pain. I immediately felt dizzy and very nauseous!

Duane was in the shower, so I carefully got up, and tried to assess the damage. The wall and stairs were fine, but I could tell that I was not!

Not wanting to be left alone, lest I should fall asleep and not wake up...I left with Duane. I went and sat in a camping chair, while all the guys helped Aaron. As the time went on, I felt more and more pain.

I didn't get a great night's sleep, and this morning I woke up and felt like I had been either beaten badly, or in a car wreck. I think I have whiplash, and my tailbone is not allowing me to sit upright. My elbow is bruised, and my head feels like it weighs 100 lbs.
(Are you feeling sorry for me yet??)

This would all be kinda funny if it didn't hurt so bad!! Duane said that I am not allowed to wear flip-flops down the stairs anymore, and since this is the second time in 9 months that I have fallen down the same stairs, he is considering installing a stair-chair. I think an elevator would be a better option.

Of all weeks, this is not a great one, to be laid up. I am decorating for a wedding on Saturday, and I can't even walk, or sit.
Please pray that I will feel better soon.

1 comments:

julie f said...

I am so sorry about your fall! I know how it feels...I fell last fall into a 6 ft. hole (while pregnant!).
I really hope you get better soon so you can enjoy your weekend. I finally went to see a physical therapist one time and she gave me some great exercies to do to get back to feeling normal.

I'll be praying for you!