BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

16 Amazing Years!

July 25th, 1991, I became Mrs. Sheila Taylor.
I was so in love and after dating Duane for three years, I had no doubts about being married to him. He was my High School Sweetheart, and he had accepted me for who I was and all that came with it.
After 16 years of marriage, he still loves me for who I am, and all that comes with it. He is an amazing Husband and Friend!!
We married so young and basically grew up together. Along the way, we have walked some hard roads, and had to learn some really difficult lessons, but one thing is for sure...I love and am loved, abundantly!


















In 1993, a precious little girl, Ashley Dyan, came into our lives. She filled our home and hearts with so much joy! She stole her Daddy's heart, and has had him wrapped around her finger since the first time he held her. She has grown up into a lovely teen-age girl who is sweet, kind, artistic and very responsible. This girl loves order! I never have to tell her to clean her room!
Then three years and six days later, after putting his Mommy through a lot of distress for 13 weeks, Alexander Robert, made his appearance-hair and all!! He was a "mommy's boy" from the moment he was placed in my arms, but after he got old enough to realize that Daddy likes to do more of the stuff that he enjoys...he and his Dad became best buds! Alex is so tender and tough all at the same time. He cares deeply for others, and helping comes so natural for him.

Not sure if our family was complete, we decided to try for another baby. In 2000, Nichole Rebecca graced our home with her presence. She brought sunshine into every nook and cranny of our home and hearts. She was a Daddy's girl too, but really she had the whole family wrapped around her finger...especially her sister and brother! Nikki is joyful and happy almost all the time! She rules the roost, and likes to lead(interpretation: she is bossy!). I carry hope that God will use those traits in her to lead others to Him. Her frilly, bouncy spirit makes our lives complete!

We have moved five times in our marriage, and are now hopefully grounded in a home that our children can grow in.

After Duane's car accident in October 2004, I realized that he and I were given another chance at life together. There where dozens of reasons why he should not have survived that day, but God still had a plan for Duane, and since I am his life-long companion, that meant that I too had another chance to show him a life-time of love.

Together, Duane and I have seen many of our hopes and dreams become realities, and we have watched some of them fall to pieces. Has it been an easy journey...are you kidding!!! But we have been together, and together is a beautiful place to be.



Happy Anniversary, Babe! I love you and can't imagine my life without you.
God has blessed us with more than we deserve, and I want to spend the rest of our life following Him and and loving each other.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.